Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My poor kitty :-(

I don't mean to brag, but I have the best cat in the whole world.  He's the sweetest thing you could ever meet.  All he wants to do is to make more friends and find more people to love him.  However, that having been said, he's had medical issues galore most of his life.  I suppose that kind of makes him perfect for me, huh?

Last week he had a major problem.  On Tuesday we brought him to the vet, thinking he had a Urinary Tract Infection.  They sent him home with antibiotics, and all was good until Wednesday night.  All of a sudden we knew it wasn't just a UTI.  He spent all night at the Emergency Vet and my husband and I stayed up all night waiting for them to call and tell us he was okay.

Thursday we picked him up from there and transferred him to our local vet, where he stayed until Saturday morning.  The husband and I didn't do much in the way of eating or sleeping until he came home.  I missed him so much and was so worried about him.  He's home now, and well on his way to recovery (YAY!!!), and we're still trying to catch up on all we missed.

How does this connect to my CRPs you may ask?  Well, the lack of sleep, and the stress when he was gone, are killing me.  I hadn't been doing well in the sleep department before this whole thing happened, but now I feel so far behind.  With lack of sleep comes more pain.  I have had the SCS turned up as high as I can handle it, but there's still pain. 

The need for air conditioning lately hasn't helped.  They have the temperature at the office set right around frozen snot and teeth chattering level.  I have to keep my leg wrapped up loosely in a blanket and wear a sweater all day.  When I hit the air outside, it's roughly the temperature of hell, so it's not a good contrast.  I really do love summer, but it certainly has it's downfalls.  Thankfully we've gone from hellishly hot to wonderfully mild today.  Let's hope that sticks around.

No comments: