Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This crazy thing called life

I got a new computer!  Now I can blog again!  Alright, I probably still won't be updating often, but I have less of an excuse now.  The computer I was using before could barely even load my blog.  It made posting such a hassle.

Life has been crazy and this winter has been driving my leg wild!  It's been cold and then warm, cold then warm, snowy, sunny, rainy, and everything in between.  I wish it would just stabilize.  I wouldn't mind if it were cold.  I wouldn't mind if it snowed.  I just wish it wouldn't get so warm again so soon after.  It's below freezing here today- as I look out the window I can see its snowing- and tomorrow it's supposed to be near 50 degrees Fahrenheit.

Oh well, so goes life.  It rarely bends to our whims.  Space heaters, hot baths, and heating sachets still exist so for now I'll stick to those for what little relief I can find and hope for Spring soon.

I got a phone call from the doctor that implanted my stimulator a few weeks ago.  He was calling to inform me the manufacturer had issued a recall of certain parts of certain stimulators.  From what he said some people were either unable to charge their batteries or the batteries were not holding a charge for very long.  Thankfully I have not experienced this trouble.  It was very nice to catch up with him, though.  He's very friendly and I didn't expect to hear from him again until I needed to have my battery replaced.

I am still so grateful I decided to get this Spinal Cord Stimulator.  As bad as the bad days are I know they could always be worse.  The good days are so much better than they could be otherwise and that makes the bad days so much easier to cope with.

I dropped a glass lid on the big toe of my right foot on December 27th (I keep track of these dates because I suppose I should).  As of today, February 21, the spot is still black and blue.  The spot doesn't hurt inordinately much, when compared to the rest of my foot, and I suppose it kind of blends in when my foot starts getting really cold and turning bluish-purple, but I do wish it would go away soon.  When I catch it with the corner of my eye, there's an immediate sense of alarm.  Of course soon enough I'm reminded of what the spot is, but for that split second it scares the crap out of me.

And now a shout out to all my USARSD friends.  I miss you all!  I hope someday soon we can really catch up!

No comments: