Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Long time no post. We bought a house!

I realize it has been over 2 years since my last post.  I'm sorry for not updating sooner.  Life got crazy for a while in there.  About a year and a half ago my husband and I ran into some very stressful housing issues.  We had to move out on fairly short notice and decided we were done renting.  Instead we started house hunting!

My father in law was kind enough to let us stay with him while we searched.  It took us about 2 months to find a house we loved that was also within our budget and put in an offer that night.  The sellers accepted and we were off!  We thought that would be the end of the stress, but boy were we wrong.  It was really just the beginning.

While we were getting our approval from the bank for our loan the government shut down!  They couldn't process any of our paperwork.  It was a complete nightmare.  Eventually the government re-opened, we signed our closing papers and the second move in just a few months began.  Only this time, instead of putting all our stuff into storage we were moving it into our house!

So we bought a house, and it's wonderful, but I had no idea it would be so much work.  We got a ton of snow just a few months after we moved in here.  Shoveling heavy snow is hard work, let me tell you.  My husband was not pleased with me for even trying.  In fact, I've been banned from doing so this year.  So the upkeep here can be a bit of work sometimes but I am so glad we did this.  It's been well worth it.

Unfortunately, with increased work, comes increased pain.  I'm still doing much better than I was before I got my stimulator.  I still am thankful every day I chose to have it implanted, but I admit the pain levels have gone up a bit since we moved in here.  I had to use my cane for about 3 weeks recently (Oh!  That's another new thing!  I had to buy a cane earlier this year to help me get around when my CRPS starts flaring really badly.  I hate using it but thankfully I haven't had to use it much.  I really feel for those of you out there that need that or more on a regular or constant basis).

And that's a brief overview of what's been going on in my life.

No comments: