Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Feeling a bit better

I'm not feeling much better physically, but I'm in a better mood after all the swimming I've done recently.  Even if it's not helping my body, swimming is sure helping my mind.

I got a new cane!  My parents bought it for me and it's beautiful.  It's made of wood so you can see the grain and it's finished in a yellow and green finish.  It's gorgeous.  It's also lighter weight than my other cane.  My dad cut it to size for me and it fits perfectly, which is something I couldn't get out of my previous cane.  I still can't wait to ditch it, but It's nice to have such a beautiful cane.

My pain levels are still really high.  I'm glad I have swimming to help me mentally.  My mom and I joined a new gym.  We are dedicated to 2 days a week together, barring unforeseen circumstances.  I'm trying to go at least once more a week.  I like this gym because although it is not open 24 hours a day the hours are really good and the pool is open almost all day and late enough into the night for me.

My next pain doctor appointment is in about a month.  I'm hoping there's more that can be done.

No comments: