Sunday, April 8, 2012

My stimulator is broken!

When I said a while back that I was lucky that I hadn't had any problems with my stimulator, I my have spoken too soon.

I went to turn on my stimulator the other day.  I've been doing this long enough now that I don't really pay much attention to the programmer.  I have the motions memorized.  I decided to turn on a program I hadn't used in a long time and got a "program corrupt" message.  Uh-oh.

Oh well.  I simply selected a different program and moved on.  Then...

A couple of days later I went through the same motions and when I looked down at the programmer's screen I noticed there was nothing.  It was black.  I had hoped it was because the batteries in the programmer weren't seated properly, or maybe it was a case of the wand not being inserted properly, so a few quick adjustments and we should be back in business, right?  WRONG!

That was okay, though.  I know my programs by heart now.  There are a select few that I use the majority of the time so I could just go ahead and switch programs by memory.

I did put in a call to the company that made my stimulator, though.  It was Good Friday and the office was closed but the very friendly Customer Service Rep I spoke with offered to put in an emergency ticket to get it straightened out this weekend.

I'm sure there are people out there who are in much more dire situations than myself, and since I could still switch my programs by memory I told him that was unnecessary.  He said he would put in a regular ticket and someone would call this weekend or on Monday.

Good, problem solved.  Last night I tried to change the stimulation so I could sleep (my daytime program is much higher than my nighttime program.  There's no sleeping while running the daytime program).  No matter what I did the program wouldn't change so I had to shut the stimulator off entirely.

Since it's the weekend, and I have a lot of downtime this weekend, I can't run my daytime program.  It's simply too much stimulation.  My simulator is now turned off and my leg HURTS.  I really had forgotten how painful the CRPS is until my stimulator stopped working.  My foot is so cold and in so much pain!

Now here's to hoping the technician will call Monday and be able to fix it then.  Otherwise, this upcoming week at the office is looking to be a long, painful week.  Someone get the painkillers and heating pads ready!

No comments: