Monday, February 9, 2009

An awesome, yet emotional weekend

My husband and I went on a wine and chocolate tasting tour this weekend. It was at a wine trail about an hour from where we live. The wine and chocolate were both awesome at every winery we went to. It was a 3-day event, but we only went on Saturday and Sunday. We were too busy on Friday to attend.

I have to say I had tons of fun, and now I truly know how much the SCS has changed my life. 4 months ago, I would have been able to go to one or two wineries before I had to call it quits. My CRPS just would not have allowed me to stand for that period of time. The first day we hit 5 wineries. As we were leaving the 5th winery, my husband turned to me and said "I'm tired. Are you okay with going home now?" This was the first time since we met that I wasn't the one who had to call it quits first. It meant so much to me!

Day 2 we hit 6 wineries. By the end of the 6th we were both ready to go home, but it wasn't my leg telling me I was done. We were both in tears on the way home because of how much it meant to both of us for me to be able to do these things and not be held back. Although my back was sore, it wasn't enough to make me stop.

In the last 7 years I've never been able to just enjoy myself. It was a huge weekend for me. I know there will be many more to come. I'm so excited!

No comments: