Friday, February 6, 2009

Today is the day!

Today marks the 3-month point from when I had my SCS implanted. I'm so excited. Beginning today I can be much less careful about what I do. Of course I'll be starting it slowly, but I can now bend, lift, and twist without worrying about the lead in my spine moving. I'm so excited.

My husband and I are going on a wine and chocolate tasting tour this weekend. It should be lots of fun. I'm a little worried about my back, because I still can't sit or stand for more than 3-4 hours without being in some serious pain, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

My recovery is progressing well. I'm still only working part time until the end of this month, so I'm going to be doing more in hopes of getting my back used to me being up and about before I go back in.

As for the pain levels in my leg, they are still very low. I'm so happy to report this is actually working for me. I was beginning to think I'd never see relief from this beast.

Again, I'll do my best to update this more often now. I really suck at this blogging thing.

No comments: