Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I forgot to turn on my stimulator!

And boy did it make a difference.  We went swimming last night.  At first I could tell something was off but I wasn't sure what.  It wasn't until about 15 minutes in that I noticed I didn't feel that comforting buzzing in my back and legs.

Within minutes I couldn't kick with my right leg anymore and even dragging it behind my body, water rushing by, was very painful.  I knew then I was doomed.

HOW COULD I FORGET?!?  I need the stimulation to carry on even close to a normal life.  It should be second nature to me by now, but of course it's not.

I ended up swimming for only 40 minutes or so and then I had to get out.  It hurt too much and I was beginning to see some swelling.  My very understanding friend understood why I had to leave, and I got out, took some Aleve and headed home.  I could barely even stand in the shower.

The pain has started to calm now.  I'm looking forward to swimming again tonight.  I do think it helps with the strength and the pain related to the CRPS.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I want to thank you for having this blog and for writing about your life with crps. My best friend is battling with it, so I'm always trying to look up info, etc, on how to understand crps better, and maybe find something that be helpful. Your blog is very insightful - Thank you!

Kelli said...

Thank you for reading, Rebecca. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, but thank you for being a support for her when so many people are lacking in that support. I'm sure it means a lot to her.