Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer's almost over

Pardon me while I pour one out for summer.  I love you, summer.  I loved you more when I was young and had vacation when you were around, but I still love you as an adult.  You just don't bring me the unexplainable joy of being completely lazy for two and a half months anymore.

I being up the impending end of summer because as summer comes to a close the weather begins to cool.  However, my office doesn't turn off their air conditioning for months.  It was 50 degrees F the other morning and my office was freezing.  I'm so glad I have a space heater that I can put right behind my chair and a blanket to wrap around my leg.  I also brought soup to help keep me warm.  The next day it was warm again in the morning.

As much as I'll miss summer until next year I'm excited for Autumn.  I love the fall.  Unlike the summer, I love you more as time passes.  When I was younger you signified the end of laziness and the beginning of classes again.  Now you mostly stand for all the fun things I loved about you as a kid.  The leaves turn beautiful colors, the apples are ready for picking, the haunted hay rides start, and of course there's the beer festivals in my area.  All of that means walking.  It's almost walking season again.

No comments: