Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I got an appointment

The doctor's office called me today. They got approval from my insurance company to implant the permanent SCS :-D I have an appointment for this Thursday (as in the day after tomorrow). My doctor, the rep. from the company, and the surgical center all happened to have an open appointment, so they put me in.

When I had the trial removed, the doctor told me I would need to wait at least 3-4 weeks for the permanent. He said my back would need this amount of time to heal. It's only been 2 weeks. The receptionist said he gave it the okay, though.

I have a pre-op appointment with him tomorrow. I'm going to verify that the timing isn't an issue, becuase I have to admit I'm a little worried about it. He was very clear from day one what the time-frame would be.

I'm so excited. I can't wait until my pain levels go back down. These last 2 weeks have been terrible for my pain.

No comments: