Sunday, November 23, 2008

The road to recovery continues

Today is 17 days post-op. I figured it was time for a new post updating my status.

My headache is fully gone now. It's such a relief. My back is still sore and I'm having trouble sitting or standing for extended periods of time. I may have overdone it a bit yesterday, so I've spent all day today laying on the couch. It's pretty sore right now. I can tell, however, that I am recovering. The scars also seem to be healing pretty well.

My RSD pain has increased a bit from the first week post-op, but it's still very low in comparison to the level it was at pre-op. I can't describe how it feels to finally be relieved of some of that pain. I've been walking (well kind of walking... the pain in my back doesn't allow for me to walk as easily as I did pre-RSD) without a limp since the surgery. It's amazing! I can only hope this trend continues.

I have been noticing the battery pack more and more as the days progress. In the beginning I barely even noticed it was there. Now it hurts when I lay back, or lean against anything that presses against the area. I know as I recover that pain will decrease as well.

Now to my sanity level.... I'm going crazy lying on my couch all day. I can't wait until I'm able to sit up long enough to get back to work. I'm going to talk to my boss about working from home starting tomorrow. I think if I have something to occupy my time a little bit it will help avoid my impending craziness.

No comments: