Thursday, October 23, 2008

And so the trial comes to an end...

I'm having the stimulator removed today at 10:50. I have decided to go with ther permanent one. I've gotten some amazing relief over the last week, so I think it's worth it.

I'm so excited to have it removed, though. My back has gone from really painful to extremely itchy. I want to scratch it so bad, and in a few hours I may be able to do just that... and take a shower, which is really what I'm looking forward to.

Over the last week I have narrowed it down to 2-3 programs that I like. The company rep said I might not be able to fully narrow it down until after I've had the permanent for a while. I'm so excited at the thought of seeing permanent relief :-D

1 comment:

jesdenm said...

I have been reading your posts and am so happy to hear this news. :)

Remember, it will take a while for them to schedule your permanent. I went from my trial and less pain to flare ups that were really extreme. One month after the trial I had the permanent put in. So be prepared.

Then remember that when the perm. gets put in, it takes a while for your scar tissue to grow over the leads. So they (the Reps) might need to program you more than a couple of times until they get it good for you. I was in about every 2 weeks to 1 month and all programming MUST be done at the doctor's office.

I am so glad that this will work for you. I have pictures of my trial and permanent scars. Let me know if you'd like the link. :)

Hugs,
Christine