Sunday, October 12, 2008

Walking is bad.... walking is bad....

My husband and I went to a beer festival with his friends yesterday. We were walking around for about 3 hours. I haven't done that in so long. It was tons of fun, but I forgot how much it would hurt. By the time we were 3 hours into it I had to sit down. We grabbed some food, sat and ate. The members of our group trickled in and out, getting themselves more beer smaples, but I just sat. After we ate, my husband decided it would be best for us to leave (I love how careful he is about my condition). By this time my pain level was really high again. I hope it calms down by tomorrow. The pain levels are still quite elevated. Hopefully by tomorrow morning they will have decreased some.

2 comments:

jesdenm said...

I am so surprised you made it that long. I last about half a block and already start to hurt. I am thinking of doing the Run/Walk in December and just do not think I will be able to make it the whole way.

Hopefully you'll be doing better after another days rest. I know if I push myself it takes way too long to recover.

Kelli said...

I have a tendency to push myself beyond my limits.... not the wisest of choices, I'll admit. At 23 years old, I refuse to allow my disease to control my life.

The pain levels have decreased a bit since this weekend.