Friday, October 10, 2008

Work & Stimulator

I work full time. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but add in that I sleep an average of 2 hours a night (always in 10-20 minute increments) because of the pain, and you might begin to see why full-time employment is not an easy thing to endure when you suffer from CRPS. By the time I get home from an 8-hour day at work, I'm exhausted. I usually get home and crash on the couch until it's time to go to bed. By Friday I'm completely exhausted. I generally spend weekends crashing on the couch, trying to recoop from the work week.

Well, it's Friday. I made it through yet another week.

Next week I have my trial stimulator implanted. The stimulator is supposed to kind of confuse my brain. It will bombard my sympathetic nerves with electric pulses. The doctor says I will be exchanging the pain sensation to another, which I may or may not like, and will definitely need to ge used to. Nothing can be worse than the pain.

I'll update my progress here.

No comments: